People sometimes ask me what they should or shouldn't do when it comes to make up. "Should I do this? Should I do that? What if I put this eyeshadow color here? What if I wear this outfit with this eyeshadow? Do I blend with this brush?" And I always try to give my opinion and advice the best that I can. But in all honestly, there really isn't anything you should and/or shouldn't do. To me, make up is a form of art! And how can you put rules and restrictions on art? How will anyone ever stand out? How will we know if someone is great at what they do? ... Unless we push boundries and are willing to try different, unheard of things! There are always going to be things that you dont like and some that you absolutely LOVE, and the next person will have the complete opposite opinion. That is how personal style is created. With all this said, here are some "tips" when it comes to my personal style/taste to make up, in no particular order (You might agree, you might not):
1. Less is ALWAYS more. Even when I wear dramatic colors, I try to keep it somewhat subtle.
2. Depending on the occassion, I like to match my make up with my outfits.
3. Dramatic lips, then no dramatic eyes. Balance!
4. Eyeliner depends on size and shape of eyes.
5. blend, blend, BLEND!
6. It should be a hint of blush, not a rainbow on your face.
7. Fill in lips with lip liner first, then apply lipgloss/stick. The color will last alot longer.
8. Always, no matter what, even if the sky is falling ... dont be scared to throw on a coat of mascara.
9. Most important ... HAVE FUN!!!
Closing thought: There is always going to be someone that doesnt like what you do or dont do. But who cares??!! Do what you want and always remember to wear it with confidence. You never know, you might create the next trend ;)
I would love to hear what your make up style and tips are. Feel free to leave comments.
Thanks for visiting my blog and feel free to contact me.
Much love always,